Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Lion King and it's ads.

This one's a short post. I was just severely disappointed when I sat and watched the Lion King again for the first time in years. As an animation buff, it's nice seeing classic animation. It's nice seeing Hamlet in a show for kids, though I'm not sure how they swung that one and it's a nice bit of nostalgia. Aside from seeing Darth Vader every time Mufasa talks, I actually found myself still enjoying the movie too. With that said, I felt dirty after watching the movie. They were using it to sell all of their Z-Grade straight to video garbage. I didn't see one ad for any of their other DVD/Blu-Ray re-releases from the time before they relied on Pixar for everything. Instead it was Undercover Chihuahua II or.. some shit. And Cinderella's sequels and Beauty and the Beast's Sequel..prequel..sidequel? The christmas movie they butchered the movie for. It's a stark contrast to back when the animators and company actually gave a shit. Well, the fact that there's at least 20 minutes of ads and they consider an add for 3D TVs to be a feature, that was stupid too. Fuck you too Disney.

No comments:

Post a Comment